1. Write more than you drink.
2. Try to not spend any moments hugging the toilet. Actually: just try to keep this under %10. Being realistic here.
3. Go to the gym. Don’t set a number to lose, just go, as often as you feel like it.
4. Actively pursue publishing. Become obsessed with publishing.
5. Be damn proud of your short story collection. Someone should like it, starting with you.
6. Try to not think about things that aren’t worth your thoughts.
7. Don’t eat as much 4am Steak N Shake. If you do, order the grilled chicken, please.
8. Drink good beer. Still write more than you drink. This is a must.